Custodian / Groundskeeper
Temporary, Full-timeApply Now
Wanuskewin Heritage Park is accepting applications for a part-time Custodian/Groundskeeper reporting to the Director, Hospitality. This position is accountable for ensuring a clean, safe and healthy facility for visitors and to the Park and staff, and communicating facility concerns to ensure preventative maintenance is established for the building and Park assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for all Wanuskewin visitors and staff by consistently completing daily, weekly and monthly routine procedures.
- Ensure each room in the facility is adequately stocked with necessary inventory and advise management of supply needs in advance ensuring inventory is kept at reasonable levels.
- Use facility equipment in a safe, responsible and proper manner and ensure excellence in the stewardship of all resources.
- Participate in safety meetings and the development of safety policies, notify management of any safety concerns or hazards, ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct light maintenance duties to equipment and assets to ensure longevity.
- Provide notification to management of any potential equipment/asset breakdowns.
- Collaborates across the organization to ensure quality client oriented services are provided that meet the overall organizational direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years experience in this field.
- Physically capable of completing duties typical of custodial work, which include walking and standing for long periods of time, bending, pushing, lifting, and other physical acts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team.
- Certificates in WHMIS, First Aid/CPR would be considered assets.
- Reliable transportation to and from on-site work location.
- Acceptable criminal record check.
Wanuskewin has a priority to hire Indigenous, please note in your cover letter if you choose to.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.26-$20.02 per hour
Work Location: In person