Designed to delight the senses, Han Wi Moon Dinner is a celebration of the Northern Plains—people, landscape, ingredients, and culture.
Your evening begins with a guided walking tour of the site where you’ll learn about the culture, history, and science of the land. You’ll experience a main course in our tipi village, and desert with panoramic views of the South Saskatchewan river and opimihāw Valley.
Bannock on a stick, baked over the fire and served with chokecherry drizzle and birch butter
To Drink: Saskatoon Berry Infused Water
Askiy garden salad of local greens, Lakota squash vinaigrette, charred corn, heirloom beans, juniper vinaigrette, roasted sunflower seeds, puffed wild rice and bison dry meat
To Drink: Blueberry and Rose Petal Lemonade
Bison tenderloin seasoned with yarrow and sage, topped with crispy chanterelles accompanied by nettle and sun choke puree’ and a small dish of stewed berries. Smoked bison broth is added table-side.
Turtle Island Cookie of Mexican Brown Sugar Cone, Cinnamon, Cornmeal, Mexican Coffee, Cocoa and Wild Rice Flour
To Drink: Labrador and Mint Tea
(Menu is gluten and dairy free other than the bannock bake. GF Bannock available with request 10 days ahead)
2023 Itinerary (updated)
6:00pm – Arrival/Smudge
6:30pm – Guided Valley Walk
7:15pm – Food features start
– first course
– main course
walk up to view point for second part of evening
8:15pm – Sunset
8:30pm – Curtis Peeteetuce – Immemorial Presentation
8:45pm – Storyteller – Dr. Ernie Walker
9:15pm – Depart
- Guests should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- This event will happen rain or shine!
- Guests should arrive with proper walking/hiking footwear.
- Please pack a jacket or sweater for later in the evening for when the sun sets.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations within 7 business days of scheduled event.
- Space is limited
- Adult event (ages 18+)
- *ALL food allergies and aversions need to be in 10 days prior to event*
- Please be aware we may not be able to accommodate all allergies.
- Contact [email protected] to advise of any food allergies as soon as possible.
2024 Dates coming soon