Han Wi – Moon Dinner – June 13
June 13, 2019 8:00PM-11:00PM
A transformative experience at Wanuskewin.
Your evening starts near dusk at the park. Guests are invited to walk the land on a fourty-five minute guided tour with our senior staff to learn about the incredible Culture, history, and science of this land. A story that dates back more than 6400 years. Twice as old as the Egyptian Pyramids.
As you arrive at the far side of the valley you will be welcomed by roaring campfires where you can cook fresh bannock over an open fire. Sip tea and reconnect with friends or family while enjoying a stunning view of the South Saskatchewan River and the Opimihaw Valley.
Dine on a decadent meal prepared by Chefs Jenni Schrenk & Kirk Borchardt. Your three course decadent meal features mouth watering Bison Tenderloin and many seasonal delights foraged from the valley below, including wild berries, mushrooms, sunchokes & more.
Finally, to complete the evening, listen to ancient star stories from a Dakota Star Story Teller while gazing out at a famous prairie sunset and beautiful Saskatchewan night sky.
Welcome to Han Wi – Moon Dinner. Welcome to Wanuskewin.
8:00pm – Arrival
8:15pm – Guided Valley Walk
9:00pm – Bannock Bake
9:10pm – Opening Remarks
9:15 – First Course
9:30pm – Sunset
9:45pm – Main Course
10:15pm – Dessert
10:30pm – Storyteller
11:00pm – Depart
* Guests should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time
* This event will happen rain or shine
* Guests should arrive with proper walking/hiking footwear
* Guests should pack a jacket or sweater for later in the evening for when the sun sets
* Space is limited. No refunds will be issued within 7 business days
* Please alert us of any food allergies. Please be aware that because this is a foraged meal we may not be able to accommodate all allergies. Contact email@example.com
*Please note your finalized seasonal menu will be emailed to you 2 weeks prior to your event*
*Sample Menu Listed Below*
– Cook Your Own Dried Saskatoon Berry Bannock on a Stick
– Chokecherry and Wild Mint Lemonade
– Northern Pike and Juniper Cake
– Buffalo Berry Coulis
– Dandelion Greens
– Sunflower Seed Broth
– Seared 80z Bison Tenderloin with Yarrow and Sage Butter
– Wild Blueberry Compote with Dandelion Root Crisp