Han Wi – Moon Dinner – July 29, 2022
July 29, 2022 7:00PM-9:45PM
A transformative experience at Wanuskewin.
Your evening starts near dusk at the park. Guests are invited to walk the land on a fourty-five minute guided tour with our senior staff to learn about the incredible Culture, history, and science of this land. A story that dates back more than 6400 years, twice as old as the Egyptian Pyramids.
As you arrive at the far side of the valley you will be welcomed by roaring campfires where you can reconnect with friends or family while enjoying a stunning view of the South Saskatchewan River and the Opimihaw Valley.
Greeting you is also a decadent meal prepared by Chef Jenni Lessard, featuring many seasonal delights foraged from the prairies, and served in three courses.
To complete the evening, listen to Storyteller Dr. Ernie Walker, and watch a Cultural Presentation while gazing out at a famous prairie sunset and beautiful Saskatchewan night sky.
Welcome to Han Wi – Moon Dinner. Welcome to Wanuskewin.
7:00pm – Arrival
7:15pm – Guided Valley Walk
8:00pm – First Course
8:20pm – Main Course
8:45pm – Dessert
9:00pm – Cultural Presentation
9:01pm – Sunset
9:15pm – Storyteller – Dr. Ernie Walker
9:45pm – Depart
* Guests should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time
* This event will happen rain or shine
* Guests should arrive with proper walking/hiking footwear
* Please pack a jacket or sweater for later in the evening for when the sun sets
* NOTE: we will be a distance from the main building, so please bring any personal medical things needed (allergy meds, inhalers, etc) as a safety precaution.
* Space is limited
*ALL food allergies and aversions need to be in 10 days prior to event*
Please be aware that because this is a foraged meal we may not be able to accommodate all allergies. Contact email@example.com