Conference, Meeting and Event Space
Experience your next conference, meeting, retreat or event in a unique, culturally significant and natural environment. Wanuskewin offers more than just a meeting space, we offer an unforgettable experience.
We are excited to have finished our multi-year renewal project connecting 15 years of vision, 3 years of construction, and one growing herd of bison.
New construction includes the expansion of our Interpretive Centre, gallery spaces, and meeting rooms, as well as a refreshed restaurant, new playground, and trail connections.
We are working diligently with updated Provincial COVID-19 protocols for group sizes, social distancing requirements, proper spacing, cleaning, and safety first and foremost in mind. We are excited to welcome guests into our brand new open space.
Please note: We have a no alcohol policy on site at Wanuskewin, so we cannot accommodate events wanting alcohol as part of the reception.
Current desk for a day spaces available:
– Deer-Eagle Rooms (fits up to 30 people as a small group space, or individual)
– Tatanka Room (fits up to 6 people as a small group space, or individual)
– Story Circle (fits up to 10 people as a small group space, or individual)
– paskwāw Round open space (fits up to 30 people per current COVID limits, or is split into individual open concept desk spaces)
With the current COVID Public Health directives
- Our Desk for a Day booking rate is $50/day per desk (this will change as restrictions lift and we can create a full package with coffee, tea, snacks, and lunch option)
- This rental rate includes your site admission, and access to our interpretive centre, new exhibits, art galleries, trails, and programming
- Each Desk for a Day will have a minimum of 3m space from any other desk, with a view of our Opimihaw Valley and site, and individual plug in. (minimum 2m with group bookings)
- Each desk comes with hand sanitizer, plant, information card, and individual waste bin
- Group bookings are currently restricted to no food or beverage in meeting space
- We ask that you enjoy our restaurant offerings for your lunch while on site, and can sit in the restaurant to enjoy!
Note about Internet: We have free WiFi and it comes up as Wanu-Fi, no password.
Capacities are based on square footage and design.
Current COVID booking numbers: maximum 30 people with enough space for social distancing (as per provincial reopen plan)
See below for more photos and information for each space!
Deer & Eagle
The Deer & Eagle Rooms together are part of the three larger divided rooms in the paskwāw Round space.
Views of the Opimihaw Valley, Creek, and South Saskatchewan River are stunning, with walkout access to the valley.
This 2447ft2 space is designed to fit over 125 people in banquet rounds. COVID spacing MAXIMUM 30 people
|Capacity 250+ people
||Rental Fee $500
The Amphitheatre is the perfect choice for an outdoor wedding, dance performance, ceremony, or press conference.
This area is equipped with audio and boasts wonderful acoustics and view of the valley.
The paskwāw Round is a brand new conference and event space located at the edge of the Opimihaw Creek at Wanuskewin, with stunning views in every direction. Dividing walls can separate the space into 5 smaller meeting spaces. Access to outdoors, foyer, and patio.
This 6500+ft2 space is designed to fit up to 350 people in banquet rounds. COVID spacing MAXIMUM 30 people
The Rabbit Room is one of the two smaller divided rooms in the paskwāw Round space.
This 600ft2 space is designed to fit up to 40 people in banquet rounds. COVID spacing MAXIMUM 8 people
The Story Circle is a beautiful private gathering space, just off the brand new Exhibit spaces.
Perfect for breakout discussions, class gatherings, elder sessions, storytelling, ceremony, a quiet place, and much more.
This space has a wood burning fireplace, and access to the elders’ garden and Opimihaw Valley.
Designed to fit up to 30 people in the round. COVID spacing MAXIMUM 10-15 people
The Tatanka Room is centrally located, with access to the patio and floor to ceiling views of the beautiful Opimihaw Valley.
A new Video Conferencing and presentation unit has been installed, with wide angle lens and echo cancelling microphone for all of your hybrid meetings, video calls, or in house presentations.
This 592ft2 space is designed to fit up to 24 people in banquet rounds. COVID spacing MAXIMUM 6 people