Wanuskewin is looking for a full time Cook in our Culinary department. Reporting to the Indigenous Culinary Manager, this position is responsible to prepare meals, provisions, and follow recipes.
– Cook and preparation of food and provisions of food services and catering including safe handling, procurement of food and asset purchases and preparation of food.
– Set up, clean and organize work stations in restaurant and catering areas
– Prepare ingredients for shift, and provision meal orders; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, preparing bannock, and desserts.
– Cooking orders according to set standards and food health and safety standards, handling, monitoring, multiple orders, as required.
– Recommend ideas and concepts for menu and special occasion that are reflective of Indigenous culinary.
– Sanitize and store food according to FIFO.
– Provide a welcoming, safe and exceptional client experience for all clients to the park.
– Assisting other cooks in preparation of food or helping other teams members when needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Culinary Arts Diploma an asset.
– A minimum two years of relevant experience in a fast paced kitchen environment.
– A suitable combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
– Ability to multi task, prioritize and problem solve.
– Ability to work as part of team.
– Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
– Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
– Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds or more.
– First aid/CPR an asset.
– Reliable transportation to job site.
Wanuskewin has a priority to hire Indigenous candidates, please note in your cover letter if you choose to declare.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.26-$20.02 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person