10:00am - 4:00pm
Kôna – Wanuskewin Winter Festival is an immersive 1 day event that features many indoor and outdoor activities. Celebrate Indigenous Culture and spend the day exploring the full site at this event!
- Dog Sledding
- Horse & Sleigh Rides
- Creeland Dancers
- Powwow Dancers
- Voyageur games
- Moccasins games
- The really really really Antique Roadshow!
- Our chief archeologist Dr Ernie Walker examines your arrowheads tools and artifacts
- Indigenous Artisan Market
- Kick sledding
- Winter Guided walks – Plant walk; Photo walk
- Tipi Teachings
- Hide Scraping and teachings
- Drum teachings
- Self Guided Story Walks & Scavenger Hunts
- Restaurant, paskwāw quick serve, Snack Shack, and Gift Shop will all be open!
Full agenda, site maps, and detailed schedules to come!
10:00 a.m. – site gate open & select activities
10:30 a.m. – opening event
11:00 a.m. – everything running! (see below)
4:00 p.m. – events end
- Open for all ages
- Event is “Admission by Donation”
- Highly encourage carpooling as parking will be limited
- Free Parking