9:30am - 4:30pm
- Ages 15+
- $140 per participant
- All materials included
Join Métis artist Elissa Brown for this upcoming workshop!
This workshop is for all levels – Ages 15+
Saturday, December 2, 2023
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Stay warm this season with your own hand made traditional mittens!
Join Métis artist and facilitator Elissa Brown for this one day workshop as she shares some teachings on how to create your own beautiful personalized pair of mittens.
Some of the goals for this workshop:
– create patterns for different sizes and styles to have the best fitting mitts
– learn how to cut and prep fur for trim
– learn different methods for how to stitch together wool, fleece lining, fur trim, and add individual details
– and to finish your project by the end of the workshop day!
*We will provide all materials as part of your registration*
If you want to bring your own beaded pieces that you’ve finished at home to add for personalized details, feel free! Recommended size 2″x2″
- Free parking and admission to the site, trails, and exhibits are included in the cost.
- Our restaurant will be open, or you can feel free to bring your own lunch.
- Coffee, tea, and water will be provided as refreshments.
Elissa is a mother, artist, learner, teacher, and hide tanner, using traditional brain/smoke tan methods. A proud member of the Saskatchewan Métis Nation, she is passionate about facilitating opportunities that support reclaiming traditional knowledge.
“For me hide tanning is JOY. It is a healing and transformative practice that deepens my connection to my spirit, my ancestors and the land. Hides are one of my greatest teachers.”