September 14, 2018
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Wanuskewin Heritage Park is a National Historic Site that brings to life the history and culture of the Northern Plains Indigenous peoples. The 760 acre Park located north of the City of Saskatoon stands as a living memorial to the people who gathered here for over 6,000 years. The stewardship of the Park and its resources rests with the Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority established under the Wanuskewin Heritage Park Act of Saskatchewan.
We are currently looking for a Tour Coordinator to join our growing team of talented individuals who strive to grow and develop Wanuskewin as a centre of excellence and a place for gathering, sharing and learning.
This is a permanent full-time position Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. We would also consider candidate who prefer to work on a part-time basis (9:30am – 3:00pm) Monday – Friday. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter or email.
The Tour Coordinator is accountable for all aspects of the successful coordination and sales
of park tour programs at Wanuskewin Heritage Park.
The ideal candidate will have experience and possess an ability to:
- Communicate a welcoming and professional environment for all Wanuskewin visitors, clients and guests with a focus on service excellence while increasing program and facility utilization through tour and program sales.
- Support direct sales and catering effort through administration of tour & catering contracts and client communication.
- Meet with prospective clients to tour Wanuskewin and provide customers with knowledge on all services Wanuskewin can offer for their visit and to have an optimal experience.
- Plan tour details with customers to ensure all their needs are met when on site.
- Accurately and effectively communicate and track all booking details of park programs and tours to Wanuskewin clients while ensuring attention to detail.
- Respond effectively in a timely manner to client’s questions and concerns regarding Wanuskewin tours and programs.
- Actively promote Wanuskewin by ensuring event information and additional service options are promoted to maximize the client experience.
- Actively promote and increase Wanuskewin’s facility and service usage by placing sales calls and visits to potential clients.
- Ensure contracts with clients are signed and accurate in booking details of all pertinent tours and programs.
- Maintain an appropriate tracking system of all tour bookings.
- Prepare and distribute all tour booking information to the Program and Sales staff.
- Contribute equally with other team members to ensure Wanuskewin’s level of service standards of excellence are achieved.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of one year’s experience in event or tour coordination and/or tourism related experience
- Exceptional organization and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills including email, internet research and Microsoft Office applications (specifically MS Word and MS Excel.)
The successful candidate will be required to produce a CPIC, valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation prior to commencement of work.
Wanuskewin Heritage Park offers a fair and competitive compensation and benefit package. Please submit your resume, cover letter and your preference with respect to full-time or part-time work, by email no later than August 24th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority
Attn.: Human Resources
RR#4 Penner Road
Saskatoon SK S7K 3J7
Please note that people with Aboriginal Ancestry will be given preference, however, we are an equal opportunity employer and will hire the best candidate available based on all resumes submitted (HRC-E-91-09) (HRC-E-91-17).