Temporary Director, Finance & Administration
April 13, 2018
Temp Director of Finance & Admin
Please email your resume and cover letter no later than April 13th, 2018 to Jenaya Chutskoff
The Director, Finance & Administration ensures accountability and transparency of all Wanuskewins financial activities, information and reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience and possess an ability to:
– Administer government and other funding and maintain required reporting with stakeholders.
– Provide Wanuskewin management and board with accurate regular financial reports, including audited financial statements.
– Provide ancillary services to all park departments.
– Ensure all financial procedures and internal controls are followed appropriately.
– Demonstrate stewardship and safeguard all of Wanuskewins resources including financial and cash flow management and asset management.
– Develop and maintain Wanuskewins operating budget, business planning, cash flow management and forecasting.
– Accurately oversee the full banking, accounts receivable and payable cycles.
– Administer all aspects of HR including payroll and benefit administration and employee file record keeping.
– Participate in the implementation of Wanuskewins strategic plan and ensure the financial plan is aligned with the strategic direction of Wanuskewin.
– Working knowledge of different types of software programs including point of sale, ACCPAC, MS Office, etc,
– Ensure compliance with federal and provincial laws, regulations, policies and legislation.
– Coach, develop and mentor direct reports to ensure their success.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Post-secondary education in business or accounting is required with a minimum of 7 years experience in a financial leadership role including staff supervision experience. CPA designation is an asset.
Wanuskewin offers a fair and competitive compensation package. Transportation is a necessity for employment. People with Aboriginal Ancestry will be given preference (HRC-E-91-09) (HRC-E-91-17). Please note in cover letter if this applies to you.