Interpretive Archaeological Guide Intern
April 6, 2018
Archaeological Guide Internship
Please email your resume and cover letter no later than April 6th, 2018 attention Teena Nelson
Wanuskewin Heritage Park is accepting applications for a temporary full time Interpretive Archaeological Guide Intern from May through August. The position will include the following accountabilities:
– Provide leadership to guides and assist in coordination and research of programming, including special events.
– Research and deliver interpretive presentations based on Canadas longest running archaeological excavation sites.
– Research and develop 2 archaeological programs to be completed by the end of the term.
– Conduct daily scheduled public archaeological site tours and lead large groups of youth outdoors.
– Maintain & update education program supplies and curriculum.
– Complete special projects as assigned.
– Contribute to a welcoming environment for all Wanuskewin visitors and guests with a focus on service excellence.
– Physical ability to work in a variety of weather conditions, stand/walk for long periods of time over rough terrain, as well as lift moderate loads and perform moderate to strenuous manual labour tasks.
– Work effectively and cooperatively with other departments in a diverse team setting, as well as work independently with minimum supervision.
– Flexible work schedule to accommodate special events as required.
– Demonstrate a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and a commitment to achieving the goals and mission of Wanuskewin.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in archaeology, anthropology or equivalent major. Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous cultures and traditions and experience conducting presentations is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office and excellent writing skills required. Familiarity with Saskatchewan Education K-12 curriculum is an asset.
Transportation is a necessity for employment. People with Aboriginal Ancestry will be given preference (HRC-E-91-09)(HRC-E-91-17). Please note in cover letter if this applies to you.