April 6, 2018
Please email your resume and cover letter no later than April 6th, 2018
Wanuskewin Heritage Park is accepting applications for a temporary full time Grounds Keepers from May through August reporting to the Maintenance Manager. Applicant must be a student returning to studies in the fall. The position will include the following accountabilities:
– Maintain a clean, safe and groomed trail system, road and walkways for all Wanuskewin visitors by consistently completing daily routine procedures.
– Ensure each area of the grounds is clean, groomed and free of waste and hazards.
– Provide notification to management of any safety concerns or hazards.
– Advise management of supply needs in advance to ensure inventory is kept at reasonable levels.
– Properly use equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
– Participate in safety meetings and the development of safety policies.
– Conduct light maintenance duties to equipment and assets to ensure longevity.
– Provide notification to management of any potential equipment/asset breakdowns.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Previous experience in a grounds keeping or maintenance role considered an asset.
Wanuskewin offers a fair and competitive compensation package. Transportation is a necessity for employment. People with Aboriginal Ancestry will be given preference (HRC-E-91-09) (HRC-E-91-17). Please note in cover letter if this applies to you.