Gift Shop Manager – Full Time
February 12, 2016
The Gift Shop Manager is accountable for all aspects of the retail gift shop including inventory control, purchasing, receiving, merchandising, and achievement of sales targets. They are also responsible for recruitment and retention of direct reports, including development of an annual work plan and budget.
The ideal candidate will have experience and possess and ability to:
- Fosters a culture of client focus and service excellence, while initiating and increasing sales.
- Ensures overall department planning through annual planning and budget development.
- Ensures plans and strategies are aligned with Wanuskewin’s strategic direction.
- Responsible for leadership, recruitment, training and retention of direct reports.
- Maintains and establishes positive relationships with First Nations artists and vendors to ensure excellence in product authenticity, pricing and quality.
- Ensures accountability of inventory through proper ordering, receiving and tracking in the POS and monthly inventory counts.
- Ensures the Gift Shop is aesthetically pleasing through product merchandising.
- Maintains on-line shopping tool, updating merchandise and fulfilling sales orders.
- Works collectively with the Director to increase sales to target markets.
- Collaborates across the organization to ensure quality service excellence and client focus meet the overall organizational direction.
- Maintains positive relationships with artists, vendors, corporate clients and all community
Required Qualifications and Experience
Preference will be given to a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a retail leadership role, including experience in staff supervision. Ideal candidates will possess post secondary education and have experience working in a cross cultural setting with a varied customer base. Successful candidate(s) will be required to produce a CPIC and have reliable transportation prior to commencement of work. People with Aboriginal Ancestry will be given preference (HRC-E-91-09) (HRC-E-91-17).
Wanuskewin offers a fair and competitive compensation and benefit package. Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than February 5th, 2016 4:30pm to:
Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority
Attn.: Dana Soonias, CEO
RR#4 Penner Road
Saskatoon SK S7K 3J7
Fax: (306) 931-6767
Download Full Description Here