Wanuskewin Heritage Park Tipi Sleepover Visits
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for considering Wanuskewin Heritage Park for your Tipi Sleepover booking. Our Sales & Event Coordinator is here to assist you throughout the booking process, while our Visitor Services staff will deliver your programming.
Please read these Terms and Conditions between the Convener (individual or group responsible for bringing people together for the purposes of engaging in programming as defined in these Terms and Conditions) and Wanuskewin Heritage Park (WHP) carefully before signing.
A. GENERAL TIPI SLEEPOVER POLICY
1. All tipi sleepover bookings include free entry to WHP and access to the exhibits and facilities during open hours, and trails through your stay for attending students, teachers and chaperones.
2. Maximum of forty (40) participants, plus chaperones per booking. Four (4) tipis can be set up in the tipi village which fit approximately ten (10) to twelve (12) participants per tipi. Larger groups can discuss options.
3. Ratio of chaperones to students is one (1) to eight (8). Not having the proper ratio may result in immediate cancellation of the tipi sleepover without refunds.
4. Ages nine (9) and older recommended for this activity. Please note, there is OPEN FIRE as part of the programming.
5. WHP will not supply groups with sleeping bags, cots, sleeping mats or tarps. Groups are required to have all own materials for staying over night in the tipis which have wooden bases.
6. Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behavior, discipline and conduct of the participants at all times. Poor conduct, disrespectful behavior and dangerous activities will result in the group’s immediate removal from WHP at any time without refund.
7. The Convener is responsible for any damage to the premises that its participants or anyone directly or indirectly associated with their group or who acts on their behalf during the time they are on the premises causes. The Convener will be held financially responsible for repairs on a cost recovery basis plus administrative fees.
8. WHP will not be responsible for damage to or the loss of any articles left onsite by the convener prior to, during or following the tipi sleepover.
9. Onsite authorized changes will only be taken by designates approved and noted in the Contract by the Convener.
10. WHP reserves the right to refuse bookings that promote values that contradict WHP’s mandate.
11. Smudges and any other use of fire outside the guided bannock bake program require pre-authorization from WHP and any fire suppression charges incurred as a result of their use may result in extra charges, notwithstanding advance notification.
12. In the event of inclement weather, space will be made indoors for programming when possible.
13. WHP does not permit having a fire inside the tipis and assumes no liability. In the case of an accident or harm caused to tipi sleepover participants, the Convener assumes all responsibility.
14. Tipi sleepover participants will be exposed to an open fire during the tipi sleepover (Pending Fire Bans in effect). Teachers and chaperones must communicate with participants that they must act in a safe manner whereas to not expose themselves or others to harm or danger around an open fire. WHP does not assume liability for loss of life or injury due to participation.
1. Food orders must be placed with the Event and Sales Coordinator at least seven (7) business days prior to the tipi sleepover date.
2. Payment for pre-orders must be remitted by the Convener in a lump sum. Failure to do so may result in a substantial delay in food service, subject to the Restaurant staff discretion. This offer is only available if requested prior to seven (7) business days before arrival.
3. Minimum of ten (10) meals is required when pre-ordering.
4. Special circumstances will permit the use of an open fire for cooking purposes and must be requested with the Events and Sales Coordinator at time of booking.
5. If requested and pre-approved to use the fire pits outside of WHP guided programming, when cooking over an open fire in the tipi village the teachers and chaperones are responsible for the safety and well being of their participants.
6. Convener will be asked to sign a food liability release/outside food waiver for all outside food brought on site, and WHP is not liable or responsible for any illness or injury as a result of outside food being brought in and consumed.
7. In the case of loss of life or injury from the use of an open fire, WHP will not be held accountable. The accountability and responsibility is solely on the Convener, teachers and chaperones.
8. WHP does NOT allow groups to bring their own bannock dough to cook over an open fire. This policy is withstanding as we offer the bannock bake program as part of the tipi sleepover.
C. LIQUOR AND DRUGS
1. WHP has a no alcohol and drug policy in effect. Alcohol and illegal drugs are NOT permitted under any circumstances. Failure to comply with this policy may result in being asked to leave at any time without refund.
1.a. A preliminary estimate of attendance is required when booking your tipi sleepover and selecting the menu.
b. A signed Terms and Conditions must be received by the Event and Sales Coordinator to confirm your tipi sleepover.
2. A written guarantee of the number of participants attending must be provided to WHP seven (7) business days prior to the tipi sleepover. Saturday, Sunday and all statutory holidays are not considered business days.
Page 2 of 2
3. Should more than the guaranteed number of participants arrive to the tipi sleepover the Convener will be charged for the extra participants at a rate of $46.00 per participant.
4. The final balance owing is calculated using the guaranteed numbers or the actual number of participants during the tipi sleepover, whichever is greater.
1. A fifty percent (50%) paid deposit is required in order to confirm the booking along with a signed contract and terms and conditions.
F. TIPI SLEEPOVER CANCELLATION
1. If cancellations are received seven (7) or more business days before the tipi sleepover, deposits are refundable, minus any costs already incurred by WHP.
2. Cancellations received less than seven (7) business days notice may incur penalties up to one hundred percent (100%) of contracted services.
3. If the convener has an account with WHP, payment is required within fourteen (14) days from receipt of invoiced services. Late payments may attract interest penalties. If the Convener does not have an account with WHP, payment is required upon arrival.
4. Liability on failure to meet the Terms and Conditions remains the responsibility of the Convener named in the tipi sleepover contract.
G. EXHIBIT GALLERIES
1. Exhibition installations may be underway or unavailable during the program dates. These installations may necessitate the closure or restriction of access to certain galleries or sections of WHP. The schedule of installations may not be known at the time of booking. As a result, WHP reserves the right to restrict or change gallery access at any time.
1. The Convener shall indemnify and hold harmless WHP, it’s agents, offices, directors and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, demands, damages, losses, expenses, costs (including legal fees on an attorney/client basis and the cost of experts), actions, suits or proceedings sustained or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties which may be made, brought or prosecuted in any manner whatsoever against any of the Indemnified Parties, to the extent based upon, arising out of, or attributable to: (a) the acts of omissions (including, without limitation, negligence, gross negligence, strict liability, or willful, wanton or intentional misconduct) of the Convener, its guests or anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of them or anyone for whose acts any of them may be liable, or (b) a breach of this Contract by the Convener.
I. BUILDING EXITS
1. No portion of any passageway or exit shall be obstructed in any manner and no exit door shall be locked, blocked or bolted by the Convener, its participants, or anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of them or anyone for who acts on their behalf or who may be liable for them while WHP is in use. All designated exits shall be visible at all times.
J. FORCE MAJEURE
1. If performance of this Contract by WHP is delayed or rendered impossible by an act of God, government authority, disaster, strike, civil disorder, inclement weather or an emergency, this Contract may be terminated by written notice without liability.
K. HAZARDOUS MATERIAL
1. The Convener agrees not to bring on to the property of WHP any material, substance, equipment or object which is likely to endanger the life of or cause bodily injury to any person or property or which is likely to constitute a hazard.
L. PHOTO AND VIDEO
1. WHP reserves the right to take photos and videos of the group for promotional materials, including social media marketing materials. It is the responsibility of the Conveners, teachers and chaperones to know which participants cannot have their photo or video taken and to communicate this information to WHP prior to arrival or while on site.